Current Positions Available
OFFICE MANAGER (part time, 20 hours/week)
Position Overview: Midcoast Literacy is a small nonprofit with a part-time staff of five people. The Office Manager is a key part of this small team, working on a range of tasks to support all areas of operations.
The Office Manager supports the staff with ongoing tasks and administrative projects, ensuring the effective operations of the organization. This position reports to and works under the direction of the Executive Director while maintaining close communication with other office staff.
Hours: 20 hours/week: The normal schedule for the position is 4 days a week - specific days and hours are somewhat flexible.
Pay Range: $17.25/hour – $18.50/hour, depending on skills and experience
• Provide general administrative support, including purchasing office supplies; answering the phone; and responding to general e-mail and phone inquiries
• Carry out administrative duties, such as filing, typing, copying, scanning, etc.
• Organize office operations and procedures including preparing payroll; process correspondence; and implement organizational systems
• Manage monetary transactions including creating and tracking simple invoices; processing incoming gifts and payments; assuring all gifts receive acknowledgments; and preparing invoices for Accounts Payable
• Assist Executive Director and Treasurer with banking, including making weekly bank deposits and tracking staff/office expenses
• Maintain and contribute to Midcoast Literacy’s social media accounts (Facebook, Instagram)
• Manage/update donor and volunteer databases and create reports as directed
• Help coordinate annual appeal campaign and assemble bulk mailings
• Process criminal background checks for new volunteers
• Assist with proofreading and editing written materials
• Participate in monthly staff meetings
• Associate’s or bachelor’s degree with a minimum of 2 years of related experience
• Good judgment, instincts, and social skills
• Ability to work independently and as an effective team member
• Advanced knowledge of Microsoft Office software programs including Word, Excel, and Outlook; basic knowledge of Publisher, PowerPoint, QuickBooks, or online database software a plus
• Experience/ease with social media platforms (Facebook, Instagram); experience updating/maintaining web pages a plus
• Good attention to detail, as well as organizational and problem-solving skills
• Professional demeanor interacting with the public in-person and over the phone
• Strong written and oral communication skills
To Apply: please submit a cover letter, resume, and contact information for 3 professional references to ED@midcoastlit.org Applications are being accepted on a rolling basis - position to be filled as soon as possible.