Position Overview: The Office Manager supports the staff of Midcoast Literacy with on-going tasks and individual projects, ensuring the effective operations of Midcoast Literacy.
This position reports to and works under the direction of the Executive Director while maintaining close communication with other office staff, ensuring all operations of Midcoast Literacy are carried out efficiently and effectively.
This position may necessitate occasional evening and weekend work.
Essential Functions: The following duties and responsibilities reflect those the incumbent will be asked to perform:
- Provide general administrative support for the office including procuring office supplies; answering the phone; and responding to general email and phone inquiries
- Organize office operations and procedures including preparing payroll; processing correspondence; and implementing organizational systems
- Assist Directors (Executive Director and Program Director) with projects and tasks
- Carry out administrative duties, such as filing, typing, copying, binding, scanning, etc.
- Manage donor and volunteer database and create reports as directed
- Help coordinate annual appeal campaign and execute bulk mailings
- Manage monetary transactions including creating and tracking invoices; processing incoming gifts and payments; assuring all gifts receive acknowledgments; and preparing invoices for Accounts Payable
- Assist with banking including making regular bank deposits; assisting staff with tracking expenses; and assisting Treasurer as needed
- Process criminal background checks
- Assist with development of brochures and handouts and maintain social media accounts
- Participate in bi-weekly staff meetings
- Assist with proofing and editing written materials
- Associate’s degree with 2 years of related experience or 5 years Office Management Experience
- Good judgment, instincts and social skills
- Advanced knowledge of office practices, processes, and computer software programs including Word, Outlook, and Excel
- Basic knowledge of Publisher, PowerPoint, and Quickbooks a plus
- Experience with social media platforms
- Demonstrable planning, organizational, analytical, and problem-solving skills
- Ability to use diplomacy and discretion when interacting with the public
- Strong writing and oral communication skills
- Ability to work independently and as an effective team member
- Ability to produce timely and accurate reports
- Ability to work under tight deadlines
Evaluation: The incumbent will have a 6-month probationary period upon hire. Thereafter, the incumbent’s performance will be assessed annually with a written evaluation.